Position: Full Time Electrician (predominately Fixed Wire Testing)
Permanent Appointment in a family run business
40 hours per week
£38,500 per year plus overtime and allowances
Comply2 are looking for a Fixed Wire Electrical Tester to join their team based in Scotland’s Central Belt. We provide electrical testing services to a range of commercial clients. With an extensive list of established clients and institutions across Scotland, job security is guaranteed for the right candidate.
- Carry out tests of all electrical services and systems to determine the integrity and functionality of cables, accessories and disconnection devices.
- Inspect materials, products and work in progress for conformance to specifications, and adjust process or assembly equipment to meet standards.
- Liaise with customers regarding test results, recommend corrective procedures and compile report of results, schedule of items tested and inspected and a list of defects or deviations from the British Standard which will require attention.
- To complete any repairs required to bring an electrical installation to a satisfactory condition
- Carry out Thermal Imaging
- Carry out Emergency Light Testing for a variety of customers throughout the UK
- Isolate circuits supplying emergency lights for an hourly rating (1-3 hours)
- Inspect and record lights to ensure each light is operating correctly and that there is adequate coverage for the property.
- Mark any defects or deviations which will require attention.
- Carry out Fire Alarm Testing for a variety of customers throughout the UK
- Testing of fire alarm devices – call points and batteries, smoke detectors, heat detectors and control panels
- Report any defects or deviations which will require attention.
- Complete Risk Assessments as required
- Ensure all documents are completed as required
- Provide excellent levels of customer service
- City & Guilds 18th Edition Electrician
- City & Guilds 2391 Qualified (or equivalent)
- Work towards targets and deadlines
- Work on own initiative as well as working well within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in testing and inspection work (ideally commercial)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Permanent position
- A company vehicle provided with fuel card
- Travel Allowances
- Accommodation costs are paid up front when working away from home
- Overnight allowance provided when working away
- Holiday Pay - 28 days (including 8 bank holidays).
If you are interested in joining a well-established and reputable company, press ‘Apply Now’ today!